Are you looking to monetize your TikTok videos and are curious about the TikTok Creativity Program? Look no further – you’re in the right place! In response to concerns about payout issues from the initial Creator Fund, TikTok has launched the Creativity Program, a monetization tool aimed at rewarding creators for their high-quality, original video content (videos must be 1 minute or longer). In this blog post, we’ll explain everything you need to know about the TikTok Creativity Program, from its eligibility criteria to how you can join the program. We’ll also introduce you to other tools for monetizing your TikTok audience. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents:
What is the TikTok Creativity Program Beta?
The TikTok Creativity Program Beta was announced in February 2023 in response to concerns raised by creators who felt they were earning too little from the TikTok Creator Fund. Some creators complained about making only $20-30 for a million views. So, as of December 2023, TikTok decided to discontinue the Creator Fund in the U.S., U.K., France, and Germany, replacing it with the TikTok Creativity Program.
Creators who were part of the original fund were given the option to switch to the Creativity Program. TikTok acknowledged the limitations of the Creator Fund and promised that creators could potentially earn up to 20 times more through the Creativity Program. For those that qualify, the program presents a worthwhile opportunity for creators looking to increaseearnings. The goal of the TikTok creativity program is to overcome the challenges faced by creators under the previous fund byprovidinga better platform for monetizing creative content. In the next section, let’s explore the eligibility criteria for the TikTok Creativity Program Beta.
TikTok Creativity Program Beta – Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the TikTok Creativity Program Beta, you must meet the following criteria:
- Age Requirement: You need to be at least 18 years old to be eligible for the TikTok Creativity Program.
- Follower Count: To be eligible, creators must have a minimum of 10,000 followers on their TikTok account.
- Video Views: Creators must have garnered at least 100,000 video views in the last 30 days leading up to their application.
- Personal Account in Good Standing: Only personal accounts in good standing are accepted into the TikTok Creativity Program. Business accounts are not eligible for participation.
- Compliance with TikTok’s Community Guidelines: Creators must follow and adhere to TikTok’s Community Guidelines, ensuring that their content aligns with the platform’s standards.
- Location Consideration: Creators must be located in a region where the TikTok Creativity Program Beta is available. While currently limited, TikTok has plans to expand the program to more regions in the future.
If you meet the criteria mentioned above, the next section will guide you through the steps to join the TikTok Creativity Program Beta.
How to Join the TikTok Creativity Program Beta
If you’re already enrolled in the Creator Fund:
- Open the TikTok app and navigate to your Profile.
- Tap the Menu button (☰) and go to Settings.
- Under Creator tools, select Creator Fund.
- At the bottom of the page, tap Switch.
- Please be aware that you cannot switch back to the Creator Fund once you join the Creativity Program Beta.
If you’re not currently in the original Creator Fund:
- Open the TikTok app and go to your Profile.
- Tap the Menu button (☰) and access Settings.
- Under Creator tools, choose the Creativity Program.
- Apply for the program, and you’ll receive notification of your application status within three days.
How the TikTok Creativity Program Differs from the Creator Fund?
- Global Reach: The Creativity Program has widened its availability to more countries than the limited regions the Creator Fund covers. Now creators in the U.S., U.K., Brazil, France, Germany, Japan, and Korea can participate.
- Video Length Requirement: The Creativity Program focuses on longer videos exceeding one minute. This is a shift toward competing with platforms like YouTube. In contrast, the older Creator Fund program didn’t have specific requirements regarding video length.
- Earning Potential Boost: A major improvement lies in the earning potential of the Creativity Program. Creators can expect to make up to 20 times more than what they earned through the Creator Fund, addressing past concerns about modest payouts.
What are other ways you can make money on TikTok?
If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria for the TikTok Creativity Program, there are still various ways to earn money on the platform. Here are some alternatives:
1. Offer Live Gifts and Subscriptions:
Going live allows your audience to send virtual gifts using TikTok’s digital currency, Diamonds. Diamonds received by content creators can then be exchanged for cash. Fans can also subscribe to your paid LIVE sessions for exclusive content and perks.
2. TikTok Series:
Create longer content (up to 20 minutes) and put it behind a paywall with TikTok Series. This feature enables you to produce premium content and earn directly from your audience.
3. TikTok Pulse:
TikTok Pulse, introduced in May 2022, lets creators earn a share of revenue from advertising on their content.
4. Selling Digital Products:
Monetize your TikTok audience by selling digital products like templates or ebooks. Platforms like CheckYa can help you host and sell your digital creations. Watch a 1 min video on how to sell digital products via CheckYa below.
5. Creating UGC for Brands:
Brands often pay creators for authentic, user-generated content (UGC) to promote their products on TikTok. If you can create compelling content, this is a great way to earn extra income.
6. Allow your audience to book you for calls:
If you’re an educator or trainer sharing educational content on TikTok, consider offering paid coaching services. Offer personalized 1:1 calls to engage with your audience on a deeper level. Even if you’re not an educator or trainer, your audience may be willing to pay to hop on a call or meeting with you. With the help of tools like CheckYa, you can offer paid consultations and link your offering page to your TikTok link in bio, making it easy for your audiences to book calls with you. Here’s how you can set up your bookings in less than 1 minute via CheckYa.