If you’re an artist or designer looking to monetize your talent, selling Clip art is a great way to do it. With the rise of digital design and the increasing demand for graphics and visual content, there has never been a better time to get into the Clip art market.
In this post, we’ll provide you with some tips and strategies for selling your Clip art online, including how to get started, how to price your designs, and how to find the right platform to sell your Clip art. Whether you’re just starting or you’re an experienced artist looking to diversify your income streams, this blog is for you.
In this blog on how to sell clip art, we’ll cover the following:
- What’s Clip art & Who uses Clip art?
- Benefits of Selling Clip art online
- How to Create Clip art?
- How to Price your Clip art?
- How much money can you make by selling Clip art?
- How to Sell Clip art
- Marketing your Clip art
- Bonus: Popular Clip art in demand
Before we dive in, let’s look at what are clip arts, who use Clip art, and the benefits of selling Clip art online.
1. What’s Clip art & Who uses Clip art?
Clip art pictures are graphic elements that can be used as design components for creating products, deliverables, artwork etc. They can be used by graphic designers, teachers, students, freelancers, creatives, and just about anyone looking to add visual elements to documents, presentations, or websites. Examples of how Clip art are used include:
- Adding decorative elements to a newsletter or flyer
- Illustrating a point in a PowerPoint presentation
- Creating visual aids for a lesson plan
- Adding logos and icons to a website or social media account
- Enhancing the visual appeal of a document or report
2. Benefits of Selling Clip art online:
- Passive income: Selling Clip art online can provide a passive income stream, as the Clip art can be sold repeatedly without requiring additional effort.
- Flexibility: Selling Clip art online allows you to work at your own schedule and pace. Low overhead: Selling Clip art online requires relatively little upfront investment, as there are no physical products to produce or inventory to manage.
- Wide audience: With the internet providing a global platform for selling products, you have the opportunity to reach a wide audience with your offerings.
- Low risk: Selling Clip art online carries relatively low risk, as the initial investment is low and the profit potential is high.
3. How to Create Clip art?
You can use the following ways to create Clip art:
- Illustrating and digitizing: This involves creating hand-drawn or digitally illustrated images and then scanning or saving them as digital files. These images can then be sold or shared online through websites like Etsy or Shutterstock. You can create hand-drawn illustrations of various animals and sell them as Clip art on Etsy.
- Photography: This involves taking photographs of objects or subjects and then manipulating them in software such as Photoshop to create Clip art images. Similarly, you can use other apps like Picsart to add some unique touches to your Clip art photographs. One of the popular features in Picsart is the ability to edit a picture’s background. By mastering such features, you can provide a more diverse range of clip art to potential customers. These images can then be sold or shared online through websites such as Getty Images or iStock. Eg: Take pictures of different types of flowers and create Clip art images by isolating the flowers and adding simple backgrounds. These images can then be sold on Stock.
- Vector graphics: This involves using software such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscapeto create scalable images using geometric shapes and lines. These images can then be sold or shared online through websites such as Vectorstock or Creative Market.
- 3D modeling: This involves creating 3D models of objects or subjects using software such as Blender or Cinema 4D and then rendering them as 2D images. These images can then be sold or shared online through websites such as 3DOcean or TurboSquid.
Bonus: Here are some of the tools that you can use to create Clip art:
- Adobe illustrator
4. How to Price your Clip art?
When pricing your Clip art, make sure you balance your work’s value with the market demand and competition. Here are some tips to consider when pricing your Clip art:
- Determine the value of your work: Consider the amount of time and effort you put into creating your Clip art, as well as the skill and experience you bring to the table. You may also want to consider any additional costs, such as software or resources used in the creation process.
- Research the market: Look at what other artists are charging for similar Clip art, and consider whether your work is on par with their quality and style. You may want to offer a lower price point if you are just starting out, but you should also be aware of the going rate for your level of experience and expertise.
- Offer different pricing tiers: Consider offering different pricing options based on the intended use of the Clip art. For example, you could offer a lower price for personal use, and a higher price for commercial use or licensing.
- Consider bundle discounts: You may want to offer bundle discounts for customers who purchase multiple Clip art designs at once. This can be a good way to encourage bulk purchases and increase overall sales.
5. How much money can you make by selling Clip art?
Wooly Pronto recently shared her experience of selling Clip art online in a video on YouTube. According to her, she has been able to earn over $1000 per month by spending a maximum of 10-15 hours per week on this endeavor. This is a great example of how a small amount of time and effort can lead to significant financial success. If you are considering starting your own online business, Wooly’s video is definitely worth watching for inspiration and practical tips.
6. How to Sell Clip art:
There are two ways by which you can go about selling Clip art, one is by having your own website or digital presence and thereby selling to your followers online, the second way to do this is by selling your Clip art designs on marketplaces. Let’s look at each one of them.
6.1. Selling Clip art to your social media followers:
If you have a strong following on social media you can sell your Clip art designs directly to your followers by offering them as digital downloads.
You can create a product listing on platforms like CheckYa showcasing the Clip art designs that you have available for purchase. You can then use social media platforms like Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest as funnels to promote your listings.
Here’s how you can create your own profile using CheckYa to sell your Clip art Online:
1. Create your CheckYa account: If you don’t have an account already, creating an account on CheckYa is incredibly easy. You can go to https://checkya.com/ and get started.
2. Upload your Clip art: You can add as many Clip art as you wish. Go to the “Sell digital goods and services” section on your dashboard and start adding the details of your Clip art. Add Clip art images along with a detailed description about the Clip art. Next,add a preview of your Clip art to give your potential customers a sneak peek of your design. When you’re done, select “save product” and your Clip art will now be added to your CheckYa profile.
3. Add your payment option: CheckYa processes payments through Stripe and Paypal and allows you to get paid in over 200+ different currencies.
4. Share your Clip art: Once you are done adding your Clip art., you can simply copy the link to your Checkya profile and paste it on your social media channels, making it easy for your customers to buy your designs.
6.2. Selling Clip art on Marketplaces:
Another way to sell your Clip art designs is by using online marketplaces like Etsy, Creative Market, or Artstation. These marketplaces allow you to create a seller account and list your Clip art designs for sale.
You can create a product listing on these platforms, showcasing the Clip art designs available for purchase. You can also use the platform’s marketing and promotional tools to reach a wider audience and increase your sales.
To make the process of buying your Clip art easy for customers, these platforms usually offer various payment options, such as credit card, debit card, and PayPal.
7. Marketing your Clip art:
If you decide to sell your products via your own platform or via a platform like CheckYa, you need to market it to your social media followers. Here are 10 ways by which you can effectively promote your Clip art to your followers.
- Share sneak peeks of new clip art designs on social media to build anticipation and interest.
- Create social media posts featuring your clip art in action, such as in a finished project or design.
- Offer exclusive discounts or free clip art to your social media followers.
- Host a social media contest or giveaway using your clip art as prizes.
- Collaborate with other creatives or businesses to showcase your clip art in their projects and share on social media.
- Share behind-the-scenes looks at your creative process and the inspiration behind your clip arts.
- Use hashtags relevant to your clip art and participate in relevant Twitter chats or Instagram challenges.
- Share user-generated content featuring your clip art to showcase their versatility and appeal.
- Offer social media followers a sneak peek at your clip art before they are available to the general public.
- Share educational content on social media about how to use clip art effectively in design projects.
8. Bonus: Popular Clip art in demand:
Many types of Clip art are popular and in demand, including:
- Cartoon characters: These are popular with children and can include characters from movies, TV shows, and comic books. Examples include Mickey Mouse, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Tom and Jerry.
- Holiday-themed Clip art: This includes Clip art related to specific holidays such as Christmas, Halloween, and Easter.
- Animals: Animals are popular subjects for Clip art, including pets such as dogs and cats, as well as wild animals such as lions and tigers.
- Food and drink: Clip art of food and drink, such as fruits, vegetables, and beverages, is often used in marketing and promotional materials.
- Nature and landscapes: Clip art of natural scenes, such as mountains, forests, and beaches, can be used to add a sense of beauty and serenity to designs.
- Transportation: Clip art of vehicles, such as cars, planes, and boats, is often used in transportation-related designs.
- People: Clip art of people in various poses and activities is often used to add a human element to designs.
- Sports and recreation: Clip art of sports and recreational activities, such as golf, basketball, and hiking, is popular with sports enthusiasts.
- Business and finance: Clip art related to business and finance, such as office buildings and money, is often used in business-related designs.
- Education and learning: Clip art related to education and learning, such as books and pens, is often used in educational materials and designs.
In conclusion, selling Clip art as a passive income stream can be a great way to earn extra money on the side. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can create high-quality Clip art designs, establish yourself as a reputable seller, and start earning passive income through online marketplaces and your own website. Whether you’re an experienced graphic designer or just starting out, selling Clip art can be a fun and rewarding way to monetize your creativity and skills. With a little bit of effort and dedication, you can turn your passion for design into a profitable passive income stream.